Sunday, July 11, 2010

TODAY...Hard at work...WILL work Hard

I hope today will allow me to be hard at work on my Swaps for Convention...I was working a bit on them yesterday, after we got back from shopping...but not nearly enough...I think I might even recruit the kiddos to do some of the Big Shot work and the sponging that needs to be done... I need to get them finished...now that they are started...so I can work on the million and one other card ideas that are swirling around in my head...along with all the ideas for my roommate gifts...NEED to get working on those also...

Ya'll will be happy to know that I did take a break....After Kaitlyn sweet-talked me into running with her and we got back I made this sweet little number...YEP, folks...You HEARD it here first...I said RUNNING...That was the reason for our shopping trip yesterday...Kaitlyn is getting ready to join the Air Force in the fall and has started running and needed GOOD running shoes and I told her that I would run with her...what was I THINKING?!?It's been alsmost 20 years since I ran...and then I HAD TO, but I told her I would...So we bought new shoes yesterday and went running last night...I made it about a block and a half before...yep...I was walking...Kaitlyn ran 1/2 mile...I ran walked that 1/2 mile to catch up to her and then we ran / walked back...I figure that it might take a couple of months before I can run any distance...I need to get use to running with out being able to breathe...you see I purchased my first Sports Bra yesterday also...as the girls like to move around while I run and they were cinched in so tight that I could hardly breathe it seemed like...so it will take some getting use to, but I know that I can do it...My goal is to be able to run the 1 1/2 miles with her before she leaves in the fall...

NOW...Back to the regularly scheduled progrm...

Here it is...My super cute and simple card...



And here is a close up of the bow / button

Here is what I used:

STAMPS: Aviary, Tiny Tags
CARDSTOCK: Old, Olive (4 1/4 x 11), Whisper White (3 3/4 x 5, scrap)
INKS: Staz-On - Jet Black, Pear Pizzaz, Marina Mist, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight
ACCESSORIES: Stamp-a-ma-jig, 1" Circle Punch, 5/8" Satin Ribbon - Daffodil Delight, Designer Buttons -Neutrals, Basic Rhinestones, Markers (Poppy Parade, Marina Mist), Jewelry Tag Punch, Crochet Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals

Hope everyone has a GREAT day...wish me luck on getting my swaps done and let me know if you have any tips on starting to run with out killing yourself...I would appreciate them...

Twila

No comments: