Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Artisan Award 3-D Entry #2...

Well...I am sure, I am busy this morning... getting the final stuff together for Convention...we are leaving the house between 11:00 and 11:30 for the airport...my flight is at 2:32...maybe I will meet some local demos at the airport on the way to SLC...I am starting to get excited...there is still a lot to do as Kaitlyn has a cough, a pretty good one and needs to go to the DR in the morning and get checked out...she has a date to go to MEPS to get processed but if her cough doesn't go away before Friday...she can't go and it will have to be delayed...so it's to the DR for her first thing in the morning...and I am off to Wal-Mart at 10:00 sharp to pick up photos so I can get them in the mail to my niece that was here visiting us for three weeks, she left yesterday and I told her that I would get them in the mail to her before I left for Convention...nothing like leaving it to the last minute...but I THRIVE under pressure...just look at the Display Samples that I did for Convention once you get there and remember that the ones that I made...those were made during a MOVE across the country...and I didn't start them until June 15 and they had to SU by July 6th...and was the July 4th Holiday...BUT I got them done...

Well...onto another project that DIDN'T win Artisan Award for me...another 3-D project...again...I always make 2 of everything that I send in, so I have no regrets that I didn't keep that for me when it didn't win the contest that I sent it in for....Here it is...Home Sweet Home...YEP...I MADE WOOD! Doesn't it look real? If it looks real on the computer screen, you should see it in person...it REALLY looks like WOOD...




Here are some close-ups of the roses...I textured the letters with the polka dot embossing folder and then I used Crystal Effects to make the dots shiny...the roses and leaves are crumpled, textured and distressed...it took a LONG time to cut out all of the roses espically when making two, but I am EXTREMELY happy that I have one of these for me...




I hope you are enjoying seeing my Artisan Award Entries...I am always hopeful every year when I send them in and am on pins and needles until after the deadline for contacting the winners...one of these days I am hoping to actually win...It was SUPER EXCITING last year when they announced at Convention the Honorable Mentions...so I am hoping that since I wasn't a winner again this year that I am an Honorable Mention again...It would be nice if the HM's got a certificate...I asked about that last year...something acknowledging that they came close...I figured that SU! could print them themselves, CHEAP...and mail them...I wanted something to hang on the wall...I mean...it's not $500.00 in product and $500.00 cash...just a piece of paper...but it would have been a really PRETTY piece of paper hanging in my Studio...so I will keep trying to actually win and maybe one day...I WILL!

Happy Stamping...
Twila

No comments: