Thursday, July 15, 2010

Still working...

Well...I didn't get that much done on my swaps yesterday, but we did get Kaitlyn to the Air Force recruiter and most of her paperwork filled out...we have to go back on Monday to finish it up...they need copies of the other kids Birth Certificates from the British Embassy since they were born overseas and they rest of the paperwork filled out...it seems they need to know everyone that Kaitlyn has come in contact with since birth...name, address, social security number and where they are now located...just kidding...it's not quite that in depth, but they do need to names and address of people who have known of Kaitlyn's whereabouts for over 10 years and they can't be family members...do you know how hard that is to come by when you are a military family who moves and you have to remember who you were friends with when you were 7 and need their address now at 17 and 4 moves later...IMPOSSIBLE...but we will get it done...before Monday...and once all the paperwork is done she will be going to MEPS...the processing center...at the end of the month (27th or 28th) to do more paperwork...THEN it is a waiting game...wait until they have her job open and they are ready for her to go to Basic Training sometime in the fall...her journey as an adult to begin...

Now that I am all teary eyed...onto the card...after we got back yesterday, I worked on my swaps, finished my backgrounds and cut all the ribbons...then I made this card...


Here are the card details:

STAMPS: Printed Petals, On Your Birthday
CARDSTOCK: Bashful Blue ( 4 1/4 x 11, Whisper White ( 1/4 Sheet, Scraps), Real Red ( 5/8 x 3 1/2), Pear Pizzaz (1/2 x 3 3/8)
INKS: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Staz-On - Jet Black
ACCESSORIES: DSP Celebrations (3 3/4 x 3 7/8), Big Shot, Top Note Die, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, 5/8 Satin Ribbon - Daffodil Delight, Designer Buttons, Basic Pearls, 3/4" Square Punch


RUNNING UPDATE: Well...I did run yesterday...and I ran farther than I ran before...met my goal of running to the school before I started walking and I'm not going to tell you how far away the school is...because you will laugh...so you can only imagine that it isn't that far...then I walked a bit then ran again...and walked a bit then ran again...when Kaitlyn and I were running back I met my goal of running from the corner to the fence...now that was really hard and she said MOM...next time you can run from the corner to the fence at the school which is only about 20 more steps or so and I said how about we just do to the fence again...that was really hard...BABY STEPS...it has been 20 years since I ran...BABY STEPS...but I am doing it...no Marathons in my future, but I would like to be able to run to the pool and back which is a WHOLE MILE...BABY STEPS...

No comments: