Monday, July 19, 2010

And IT begins...

The RUSH to finalize everything and the make sure EVEYTHING is done before you leave...As the house will fall apart and no one can do anything with out you right there syndrome...YEAH...ya'll know what I mean...all the little things that no one BUT YOU can make decisions about...like what can I eat for breakfast...can I go play with my friends...anyway...I have lots of things that I will be scheduling to show ya'll later today for while I am away at Convention, but as I was gone visiting Kirk's sister and her family yesterday I thought that I would start a couple of days early and start today...OKAY the truth IS...I have nothing new stamped...that's my real reason...

I am going to show ya'll my FAVORITE Artisan Award entry that I made this year to send in...it was one of my 3-D items and I really hope that someone has it at home and is enjoying it...and remember that pictures do NOT do it justice...it is SO MUCH PRETTIER IN PERSON...REMEMBER...I make TWO of everything...so I have one to keep and one for SU!...so I have one TOO! Here it is...



YEP...Birds in a pickle jar...up on a pedastal...ain't they cute...I sure thought so...here are some close-ups



Mama bird in her cardstock nest and her three eggs...as I have three kids...



Daddy bird flying through the air...he is mounted to the pickle jar lid



Another view of the entire jar...


And here is the outside decorations...lots of ribbons and banner that says "Bless Our Nest"

I used the Chipboard Birds that are now retired and covered them with DSP. Made the nest out of Cardstock...and went to town decorating the birds and jar with pearls glitter and rhinestones from the egg kit out of the mini...and LOTS of ribbon...no one in my house really likes pickles so the pickles were sacrificed for the sake of the project and if you open the jar today...still smells a LOT like pickles...so of course it stays sealed...but it is SUPER CUTE to look at...I got the candle stick and wooden plate at Goodwill and spary painted them off white and then glazed over that with a brown so it looked aged...

Hope you liked my 3-D project...Hope to see it at Convention and I hope that someone else is enjoying it on their desk or at their home as much as I am enjoying mine...