Monday, July 5, 2010

LONG TIME...NO POSTS...

BUT...I have good reasons...It was HECTIC I tell you...HECTIC...you see we have moved...YEP...we have FINALLY moved back to TEXAS, the Ft. Worth area...YEE-HAW. Kirk has RETIRED from the Air Force and moved us half way across the county...not that it wasn't something that we hadn't done before, moved that is...but this time it was different...there wasn't a job at the other end, no base housing to move into...nope we had to get to TX, find a house, AND figure out the college thing, and if you have never done that before...good luck to you...that is an adventure and a half unto itself...but it has all worked out pretty smoothly, for the most part...

During the last month...in amongst all of this moving, college stuff, Probate issues with my grandmothers and great-grandmothers estates, I was having to unpack the entire house and organize it, make a couple of trips back and forth to Houston due to Kirk's mother's health issues and STAMP...YEP...I said STAMP...I was lucky enough to be chosen to make samples for the Display Boards for Convention this year...I knew that I was going to have to stamp during the middle of this move, but there was NO WAY, once I was chosen that I was going to turn it down because of a little thing called a "MOVE", but I figured that it would be a bit of a stress relief as stamping usually is for me...not quite so much this time...it was a bit stressful...but I got them done! The samples are now on their way to Salt Lake City...they should actually already be there as I mailed them on Friday at the Post Office for Delivery on Sat as they were due Today...oh...maybe I should check...Bullet Delivered, July 03, 2010, 9:13 am, RIVERTON, UT 84065...YEP...DELIVERED...and now I have new stamps to play with...

While everyone else is waiting...yep...I am waiting to, but I have new stamps...hehe...Now that eveyone can order out of the catalog and my order is due here tomorrow morning, YEP...I still OVER-NIGHTED it...I thought that I would show you a card that I made last night with the new Just Believe stamp set...I LOVE this set and was really excited to learn that it was one we were receiving at Convention, so I could play with it early, as it was the first one on my wish list when I received my catalog in May...



Here is the receipe for the card...
Cardstock: Marina Mist (4 1/4 x 11), Real Red (3 7/8 x 5 1/8), Whisper White (1/4 sheet for Top Note Die)
Ink: Whisper White, Staz-On Jet Black
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Top Note Die, DMC Floss, Baja Breeze Designer Button, Silver Brads, 5/8" Marina Mist Grosgrain Ribbon

I trimmed 1" off one of the long sides of the Top Note Die, mounted everything together with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Here is a second card that I made last night I LOVE this color combination...

Cardstock: Crumb Cake (4 1/4 x 11), Poppy Parade (2 1/2 x 3 1/2) Whisper White (Scrap)
Ink: Staz-On
Accessories: Polka-Dot Embossing Folder, 5/8" Marina Mist Ribbon

These were super simple and I hope you enjoyed them...

Happy Stamping...

Twila

No comments: