Monday, September 20, 2010

How about a trip to Paris...

How about a trip to Paris or at least I'll show you a stamp of the Eiffel Tower...sorry I didn't post over the weekend...it is kinda becoming a habit...I take a bit of a blogging break to make more stuff and do other things...take this weekend...

Saturday...I met Momma in Denton, TX and we did a bit of crafty shopping at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Big Lots, and the Dollar Store...I got there early and stopped at Wal-Mart first and then we were off to her local scrapbook store for a class...I haven't signed up to take a class anywhere in a long time as I am usually the one teaching...but it was a TON of fun...a class where I didn't have to do anything but make the project...no prep work, no teaching, no clean-up...it was really nice...I'll show you what we made tomorrow as I want to add a bit of ribbon to it...Momma thinks it will look gaudy...but I think it will finish it off just right...

Sunday...I started out by making breakfast for my family, then followed that up by taking a well deserved nap...then I got up and started a roast for dinner. By that time it was noon and the Cowboys game was on so I sat down with my hubby to watch that...THEN...the kids and I got into the garage and cleaned and rearranged that...so now I know where all my stuff is at...and I found all of my retired SU! stuff...now to get rid of it all...then SHOWER TIME as after the garage we were all hot and stinky...dinner came next...boy was it tasty...even got some furniture moved around after that...it was a productive day...ANYWAY...back to the Eiffel Tower...

Here she is...Paris in all her glory...not really, just the Eiffel Tower...she's just a card...a cute one at that...have ya'll noticed a trend in my cards for the last few posts...HUH...yes...no...maybe so...take a close look...



Let me give you a bit of a hint...on the last three cards...I have used Crumb Cake cardstock cut to 4 1/4" x 11, the same piece of Deck the Halls DSP cut to 4" x 4", and the same inkpads...Staz-On - Jet Black, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake....I have just used different stamps and embellishments on each card to make the cards unique...so you see...proof again that you don't NEED a ton of supplies to stamp...we just happen to WANT IT ALL...

CARD DETAILS:

STAMPS: Artistic Etchings
CARDSTOCK: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
INKS: Staz-On - Jet black, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
ACCESSORIES: Stampi' Dimensionals, 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon- Basic Black

Well...I hope everyone had a great weekend...I know mine was...now off to do things on my TO DO list...you know I make a new one EVERY night before I go to bed...I can be a bit OCD about certain things...now I can check...Update Blog off of my list...

No comments: