Monday, September 13, 2010

9-13-2010

This is gonna be a LONG one so bear with me...This post is all about the samples from the Ft. Worth Regional event that was held this weekend...I was SO excited to learn at Convention that there was going to be a Regional RIGHT HERE...where we HAD JUST MOVED TO...20 MINUTES DOWN THE STREET! So...I made plans to attend...clicked my mouse as SOON as Registration was allowed and I sent off my paperwork to be a Make'n'Take Helper...

I got an e-mail asking if I was interested in being on stage as a Workshop WoW Presenter to please submit an idea...so of course I did that...and I was LUCKY enough to get a fantastic phone call from Mark Jessen from SU! letting me know that I had been chosen...YIPPEE...I get to by a new outfit, get my nails done...it was a GREAT Stampin' Up! day...then a couple of days later...I got another call from SU!...I had gotten chosen to be a Make'n'Take Helper...it was my Stampin' Up! week...I was OVER THE MOON...but then my hopes were dashed as I had to choose...I couldn't do both at the same event...now I know I was meant to be onstage, in lights and in front of the camera...so of course that is what I chose...my 5 minutes of fame... SU! gave me 5 minutes of fame...BUT and I know I went over that...I talk a lot...it was HARD to squeeze talking and stampin and show-n-tell ALL into a measly 5 little minutes...

Here is the a little bit of what my presentation was about...

How many of us make $300.00 cards....I know I am guilty of it...I do it ALL the time...but until you add up EVERYTHING you used to make that card...you don't really realize how much it costs...and sometimes for your new customers and newer stampers who want to make cards...JUST LIKE YOURS...it a bit out of their budget...Here is an example...


Cute card HUH...It looks pretty simple and straight forward...but when you add up everything that you need to buy if you are a new customer and have nothing to make this card it is $308.45...so I have come up with a technique that will appeal to new stampers and people who have been stamping a while...I call it Silhouette stamping...basically you take any image...and just use the Black Staz-On ink...for your stampers who have been stamping a while..you can step up the cards with Dimenionals, Ribbon, Smooch Illuminating Top Coat, Basic Pearls or Basic Rhinestones...Here are the cards that I made onstage...for the SIMPLE VERSIONS...Crumb Cake Cardstock, Staz-On - Jet Black Ink, Patterns DSP - Brights...for the Stepped-Up Versions I used Victoria Crochet Trim, Basic Pearls, the Modern Label Punch, Smooch Illuminating Top Coat and Stampin' Dimensionals...

Here is the Simple Version...


and then the Stepped-Up Version...


Close-Up of card details...



Simple Version...


Stepped-Up Version...


Close-Up of Card Details...



Simple Version...


Stepped-Up Version...



Simple Version...


Stepped-Up Version...this was my FAVORITE card that I presented on stage...I LOVED the Modern Label Punch as the border...


Close-Up of Card details...see the Label Punch border...TOO CUTE...




This is the card that delayed the upload process...yep...I needed to leave SOMETHING with Stampin' Up! per their request and as I didn't get a chance to make two of everything like I normally do...well...I guess technically, I really did...just a simple version and a stepped up version...I had to come home and make another one of these beauties...so I quickly got that taken care of this morning...so I could get ALL of the cards loaded...here is the Simple Version...



Stepped-Up Version...


Close-Up of card details...



These are the projects that WERE NOT shown on stage...they were on display at the back of the room...I still only used for the SIMPLE VERSIONS...Crumb Cake Cardstock, Staz-On - Jet Black Ink, Patterns DSP - Brights...and then on the STEPPED-UP VERSIONS...I used Crumb Cake Cardstock, Staz-On - Jet Black Ink, Patterns DSP - Brights, a neutral ribbon, Basic Rhinestones OR Basic Pearls, a Punch, Smooch Illuminating Top Coat and Stampin' Dimensionals...

Simple Version...


Stepped-Up Version...This was my FAVORITE card that I made of the ones that I didn't show on stage...It is a really simple card, but with lots of bling and sparkle...

Close-Up of card details...


Simple Version...


Stepped-Up Version


Simple Version...


Stepped-Up...this one, I changed into a box...it took the same amount of cardstock and less DSP


Here is the inside of the little box...




Simple version...


Stepped-Up version





Simple Version

Stepped-Up version...


Close-Up of card details...


Scrapbooking...one of my favorite things to do, but I sometimes have a really hard time teaching this in a class or workshop as it is so personal...I have a hard time making pages without pictures...but this one is pretty generalized so it can be adapted to a lot of different photos and color schemes...Here is the Simple version...


Here is the Stepped-Up version...



This IS my favorite Stamp set...Extreme Elements...so I had to use it on SOMETHING...so I chose to use it on a scrapbook page about my youngest daughter Colleen...we have a running joke in our family about which kid is the "FAVORITE"...well...my journaling states "Colleen is my "favorite" kid...I keep her around 'cause she makes me laugh"...she always has something to say that is funny...and each kid is my "FAVORITE" anytime I have something that I want them to do or when they do something for me...They ask me WHY do I have to do it...I always answer...because...YOUR MY FAVORITE...

Here is the Simple Page...


Here is the stepped-up page and some Close-Up Photos...


Can't forget the bling and the smooch...LOVE the sparkle in a bottle...and it's mess free...


Just added a punch for a little bit of detail and a ruffle of ribbon...and of course some more bling...



WHEW...I think that is everything...I hope those of you who where at the Regional on Saturday enjoyed the day...i know I did...Come back tomorrow for photos and details of my necklace...I had a TON of comments and HOW DID YOU DO THAT questions...so I will answer those then as this post is ginormous...Please let me know if you have any questions about anything...I am more than happy to answer them...but I can't read your minds...


Happy Stampin'

Twila

No comments: