Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Hectic 4 days...LONG

I know that I haven't posted since Thursday, and I am very sorry! I have been extremely busy. Our squadron Commander is leaving us and moving on to a new assignment...his going away BBQ was on Thursday at lunchtime. I was "Volentold" to make baked beans for 150 people. Not a problem baked beans are one of my specialities...well...I made them Thur morning...took precautions for spillage by laying down trash bags in the back cargo area of my car...drove VERY carefully the 40 minutes to base. BBQ wasn't where I expected it to be, so I call Kirk...he says to take them across the street and over to the hanger...Turn into the driveway for the hanger...BIG...HUGE BUMP...&%^&$%#$&...so I park and am not too worried...I took precautions. Opened the back gate of the car and I see A DISASTER...Yep...you guessed it BEANS EVERYWHERE!!! It's okay I took precaustions right...WRONG!!! Slid off the trash bags and ran down where the seats fold down...Beans Everywhere! I was SO UPSET...My car is just now a year old, and I LOVE it...I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber...I LOVE my car. So...I called Kirk and was VERY GRUMPY and told him to come NOW and bring stuff so HE could clean up this mess...after all he "Volentold" me...He showed up a few minutes later with about 30 napkins (granted they were big) and some General Purpose Cleaner...I was just in tears...Needless to say we TRIED to clean it the best we could...
I know this is long...but...the story isn't over...So let me continue...
We cleaned it up (a bit)...then we attended the Commander's BBQ. After the BBQ I took the car to the local car wash / detailers...They said that it shouldn't be a problem to get it all out since it had just occurred and should only take about 45 minutes...$115.00...1 1/2 later...they are done...did they get it all out...NOPE carpet is STAINED, back of the seats are stained...so I sigh...suck up my tears and go to my doctors appt that I am almost going to be late for...I stop by the squadron before I head home to talk to Kirk...he has to stay late for an Airmen Leadership Graduation...he was a bit miffed that I had paid $115.00 and the carpet was stained...but he said that he would clean it up and get the stain out this weekend...GREAT!!!

Friday...I get up and drive the 40 minutes to base and attend the Change of Command Ceremony...It was really nice...a real tear jerker. I am going to really miss Kirk's old Commander...he is a GREAT GUY! Then, I have other things to do...I go to the BX and then the onto Commissary and get groceries...Now my car has been basically BAKING in the sun all day, but...it's clean right, just stained...I get into the car for the ride home and my car is really starting to smell...I really don't like the air freshner from the car wash...It STINKS...smells that the stuff they carry on buses for when kids get sick...that sawdust stuff...I was really getting sick from the smell...so I rolled the windows down for the trip home...Kirk is going to clean the stains up tomorrow...YEAH.

Friday night...I taught a class...had lots of fun...

Saturday morning...another class...lots more fun...
THEN IT HAPPENED...
HONEY...
WE HAVE A PROBLEM...

I went out to the garage, and he had taken the cargo floor out of the car...YEP...guess what he found...BEANS!!! LOTS and LOTS of BEANS...They went EVERYWHERE...He ended up having to take the backseat COMPLETELY out of the car, but of course, this was after I had to get into the AWFUL SMELLING car and drive into town to get the correct tools...apparently...it takes a SPECIAL bit to get the screws out, so while I was in town...the auto parts store is right beside the Dollar Store...I went shopping...I NEEDED some retail thearapy...It has been a very stressful last few days...Well...got home...got the seat out LOTS of MOLD...already...so then I ended up cleaning all the beans out of the cracks & crevaces in the car...so that was my Saturday night...
My weekend plans REARRANGED! I was going to stamp, and Kirk was going to clean...OH WELL...He did get the stain out of the carpet in the cargo area, and he is going to try and get the stains out of the carpet on the back of the seats...

So that is what we did this weekend...
I finally did get to stamp this evening...I needed some stress releaf. Kaitlyn also made brownees and I'm going to have one of those in a bit...Triple Chocolate Brownees...YUM!! I really need one...

So here is the card I made...I know ya'll probably skipped over most of my story, but I know some of you feel my pain...did I say that I LOVED my little car...Okay...Okay...I'll get on with the card...


Zoofari again...and a really simple card...


Thanks for putting up with my rant...Please leave a comment and tell me I am not alone in the Food spilled in the car disasters...

No comments: