Monday, April 9, 2007

I keep checking my counter...

What can I say, I keep checking my blog to see if the counter has gotten any higher...I think most of the counts are me checking in to see if anything has changed since the last time I checked it 5 minutes ago...it's funny how when I make or design something...all I want is feedback and lots of it apparently! So I thought that today I would add the items that I sent to Stampin Up! that got me chosen for the Convention Design Team. I just thought that ya'll might like to see them and of course I want lots and lots of feedback...come on tell me how great I am...just kidding.

I know that a lot of people on SCS (splitcoaststampers.com) entered this contest and were not chosen...and no one really knows what SU! wanted to see. I know from past experience ( I have entered this contest for the last three or four years and never got picked) that it wasn't what I normally did. Usually I go to the extreme...I have a problem with simple. A lot of times simple just doesn't seem quite finished to me so I add more stuff, until it looks complete.
This year I did things a little differently. I went simple...and I used one main stamp set and only a few accessories on each project. I think that the items I did turned out so well...and I guess SU! thought so too...cause this was my year. Now lets just hope that they think the same thing with my entries for the SU! Artisan Award that I sent in a couple of weeks ago. Now that is one prize that I REALLY want...$500 cash and $500 in Stampin' Up! product...BUT the best part is that you get to meet with the Stampin' Up! in house Design Team...that is what I really want to do. Meet all the people who get to touch and play with stamps ALL DAY and get paid for it...what a life that would be...
I know as an SU! demo that I do get a bit of that...but to actually get paid to sit and design cards/scrapbook pages and 3-d items all day then go home...A DREAM JOB. I just wish that I could get Kirk to want to move to Utah. I have suggested it before, just so I could work for SU!...but we will be going back to Texas when he retires. I am looking forward to that move...I havn't lived in Texas since I left for basic training in 1990...we tell the kids the kids they are from Texas even though they have never lived there...that whole you are an American if you are born to an American...well in our house you're a Texan if you are born to Texans...so since Kirk and I are both from Texas...so are the kids...well I guess that's enough rambling for now...I know that you want to see the goods, so here they are. My entries for the Convention Display Stamper Contest...be nice...

This 8 1/2 x 11 Scrapbook page is of my oldest daughter Kaitlyn...


This is a long card for our large open end envelopes.


I actually made this card from an ATC swap card that I had laying around. I just mounted it onto a card and then added a bit...

I really tried to use all kinds of embellishments that we carry different ones for each item...I used chipboard on this card.

This is a 6 x 6 scrapbook page that I did of my son Reilly...Last summer when I made my wooden photo blocks he sanded them down for me. Of course this was his first time using power tools so I HAD to take pictures. He even used his safety goggles...There is another photo that pulls out from behind the main one when you pull on the pliers...It is a photo of him actually sanding the wooden photo blocks...

No comments: