Sunday, April 22, 2007

I have new Wall Art...

I didn't do much stamping today...I did do a couple of scrapbook pages, but they still need a lil something, so I will wait to post those until I am completely satisfied with them.

I have been cleaning and straightening up most of they day...I am VERY excited about having the SCS gathering here tomorrow. I have the tables all set up and ready to go. I know that I will have a hard time sleeping tonight...I get excited easily...so I will probably stamp a bit more before I go to bed...or if I go on to bed...I will end up waking up WAY before the crack of dawn and not be able to go back to sleep...so I will come down then and stamp the morning away. Anyway...here is something that I did today. I had been wanting to do it for a while, but as I have said before...I am a last minute kind of gal. I had bought these metal strips at Ikea a month or so ago to put up in my stamp studio, so that I could hang cards around the room like a border...I wanted to be able to change the cards out easily. Well, I got to thinking as I was going to do it today that everytime I wanted to change them out I would have to get out the ladder and move it around. So I nixed that idea and came up with an even better one.

I mounted six strips onto the wall above the dresser that holds all of my stamps. I then took clothespins and added DS paper and magnets. Walaa...Wall Art. I am so tickled with how it turned out. Even Kirk was impressed. So now I can change the cards out and not have to fall off of the ladder and break something. So...here is how it looks...Cool huh. I also have a few of the strips left over, so now I have to figure out where I am gonna put the rest of them...any ideas???


No comments: