Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Card - 2009

These were my Christmas Cards this Christmas...they were BEAUTIFUL when they were done, but BOY were they a pain to make...I design one card every year and it becomes the one...The ONE that has to be made...THE ONE YOU CAN"T GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD...so yep...I decided that this was THE ONE...that was all well and good until it came down to the process of getting them ALL made...I made THE ONE...I figured out how many that I "NEEDED" to make and did a bit of math and placed my order for all of the supplies...the supplies arrived...and the supplies sat there...in the Stampin' Up! box of goodness for a few weeks...then it was Thanksgiving...I needed to get them done...they were suppose to be in the mail the Monday after Thanksgiving...well, as you have probably guessed by now they didn't get in the mail on that Monday...or the following two Mondays...they FINALLY went into the mail on Monday...the 21st of Dec...am I a procrastinator or what...but here it is...

The Front Cover



The First Page...The collage photo...I really wanted to include the SILLY photo of the kids...


Kaitlyn's page...this will prpbably be the last time that she is included in our Christmas card as she turns 18 in Oct and is joining the Air Force and she will no longer be living at home...


Reilly's page...I still have a few years before Reilly moves out he is only a Sophmore this year and will not be leaving home for a couple more years...He is 15 1/2 right now.


Colleen's page...She is an eighth grader this year and is 13 going on 30, I swear, that girl is so overly dramatic and high maintenance...I have no idea what we are going to do with her...hopefully our move later this year to Texas will ground her a bit more...

This is the last page in the card...our family page...photo of Kirk and I...a group photo of the kids and of course I had to include a photo of my "puppy girl"...Dixie Lou Dawg...she is my shadow...


I have had questions on how I put my binding together...so here is a closer look...I used my paper piercer to make holes and then used a large needle and crochet thread to tie the pages into the book...The dimension of the finished card is 4" X 9 1/4" as I made them to fit into a regular business sized envelope and it's dimensions are 4 1/8 X 9 1/2". The pages inside are slightly shorter at 9" long...I used 12X12 cardstock and cut it down to 4X12, then scored at 3"...I overlapped the 3" for each page and adhered them together...


For the covers...I also scored at 3", and then used the Scallop Edge Border Punch and added the Real Red Piece...The ones that actually got mailed did not have the knot tied on them as they were way thicker than the 1/4" that the Post Office allows...


I hope this helps those of you who had questions about how my Cards were made and put together...as I said earlier...they took FOREVER to put together, but they were really cute in the end and I was SO HAPPY with the way that they turned out...and...it seems that everyone who has received one has really liked them also...I just need to start earlier and think harder...It is getting harder and harder to top the card from the year before...

Stay tuned...more to come...Twila

No comments: