Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Artisan Award Entry...

Here is another Artisan Award Entry...this time one of the five cards that we had to submit...I think that this one was my FAVORITE card...it is very simplistic...but does have a lot of detail...

I used the Printed Petals stamp set...and embossed the Cherry Cobbler flower with Clear Embossing Powder...I then added a Marina Mist circle with some added texture from the Northern Flurries Embossing Folder that was then highlighted with a bit of Not Quite Navy Ink. On top of that I added a POP of Daffodil Delight and a bit of bling with some Basic Rhinestones and a Night of Navy Button. OH THE LEAVES...I can't forget the leaves...I punched them out with the Blossom Petals Builder Punch and then ran them through the Big Shot in the Spider Web Embossing Folder to add the veins. I layered ALL of that on top of SEVERAL rows of the First Edition DSP cut out with the large scallop from the Tasteful Trim Die and my Big Shot...I also used some of the Springtime Vintage Fabric as ribbon to tie a cute and fluffy bow...and OF COURSE...I had to add EVEN MORE BLING...to some of the scallops...


Here is a closer look at the details...and all of that left no room for words...it's an ALL OCCASION CARD...


AGAIN...I think that this one was my FAVORITE card entry...glad that I made TWO...so that I could keep and admire it always...of course in a couple of years as trends and styles shift...I will look back at it and say...WHAT WAS I THINKING?

Happy Stampin'
Twila

No comments: