Saturday, December 8, 2007

December 8th...

I was so upset when I got home at 6:00 last night to find that UPS had not been here... I mean, come on, they had ALL day to deliver my new stamps before I got home from work so that I could play as soon as I walked in the door, after I said hi to everyone, cooked dinner and ate, then I was gonna have to put all the stamps together...well, maybe not AS SOON AS I walked in the door, but I was excited to see my pretty new stamps and paper...well...I got home and NOTHING...I was upset...ran to the computer and checked, maybe they got delivered to the neighbers and I would have to scour the neighborhood to find my new rubber, but NO the site still said OUT FOR DELIVERY...so I still had hope...I hoped that my UPS guy didn't forget about me and go back the the hub with my stuff cause it was so late, and I hoped that it would be delivered SOON...

Well...about 45 minutes later...DING DONG...the doorbell...you should have seen me push the kids out of the way as I ran to the door...I just KNEW it was my goodies...FLUNG open the door and there...at my feet...was a box from Stampin' up! I GOT SO EXCITED...I grabbed it and pushed my way inside, cause by this time the kids were huddled around me at the door trying to figure out WHY I was so excited...I opened my box and fell in LOVE with all my new stuff...got my stamps put together and started playing...
Want to see what I made? Well, of course you do that is why you are visiting my blog...

Here is the first card I made. I was really excited to see this set in the Preview Brochure. I LOVE the little birds and ALL of the different sayings that come with it...

I also LOVE the new DS Paper Bali Breeze...the colors are my kind of colors...Bold Jewel colors that I like to play with...

I am VERY sad that SU! is retiring the Linen background stamp and that I really can't use it anymore, but the Sanded background stamp is becoming my new favorite. Sometimes...well, most of the time...I don't like a heavy background...just a bit of texture and Linen did that, the Sanded backround is a little heavier than I like, but it does the job...so what do you think...what did the little birdie tell you?

I had to spread the love between the sets that I ordered...So, here is the second card I made...I used the Happy Heart Day stamp set...

I couldn't wait for Jan to order the bundle, so I went ahead and ordered the set...I already ahd cello bags, and BOTH of the ribbons, so I didn't feel TOO bad...and I LOVE the elephant stamp...TOO CUTE!!! So of course that was the one that I had to use FIRST. This card is pretty simple as cards go, but I did use a new technique that I discovered over the summer...
I stamped on the dark cardstock and colored the butterfly with the white gel pen. Once it is dry you can color over the white with your markers and you have light color on dark cardstock...here is a close up...The colors aren't as prety in the photo as in real life, but you can see the pink and green tint to the butterfly...
Hope you enjoyed my stamping creations...please leave a comment and let me know what you think...and come back to visit me again...

No comments: